Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 187

Thread: 2007 football schedules

  1. #51
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who do you think has the toughest schedule in each district. My pick would be PV, RC, Honaker, and Gate City respectively. </div></div>

    I have to disagree my picks are #1 GC (even after a though year they sure are not ducking anyone) #2 Lebanon (Battle and Northwood are the only chinks in there schedule) #3 is probably PV with Honaker a close #4

  2. #52
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Uh, Lebanon and GC are in the same district. I was saying toughest schedule for a team in each district. I listed them in no particular order, just the selection I had for each district.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #53
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    LOL I need to learn how to read insted of skimming [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

    I now walk away with my tail between my legs


    I agree 100% with your assement

  4. #54
    Inactive Member imported_VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2005
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I'm going to hate this season. I know as sure as Christmas that I'm going have Gate City in 5 diff. districts before the playoffs are over -
    1. I'll forget & say the LPD.
    2. I'll get it right & say the Clinch Mtn.
    3. I'll see CMD & call it the Cumb. Mtn.
    4. I'll see Clinch & call it the Clinch Valley
    5. I'll REALLY forget & say the SWD (since 5 of their first 6 games are against schools that WERE SWD in the 80's).

  5. #55
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Yeah, the last time PV played Haysi, a senior laden Haysi squad did beat a young PV squad...but Haysi has never beaten a PV squad that was capble of beating a Region C Champion the following week.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #56
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I know what you mean I keep wanting to call it the Clinch Valley District

  7. #57
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    There was a comment made not long ago on this forum that in fact Haysi did beat one of the state championship teams when the Jones' were playing at PV.

    Is that true?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, the last time PV played Haysi, a senior laden Haysi squad did beat a young PV squad...but Haysi has never beaten a PV squad that was capble of beating a Region C Champion the following week. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  8. #58
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I can't remember that happening. Thomas's last 2 years they didn't...Giles beat PV the following year, and then 2 more championship years with Julius. PV did lose in 93 to Haysi...but Thomas wasn't the starting back..it was Greg Bishop who was pretty good in his own right.. But that team wasn't going anywhere either.
    Lee beat them once in the opener tho...but I think that was the same year Giles knocked them out.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #59
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Well Haysi beat PV in 93 (Thomas Jones 10th grade season) 12-14 as did GC and Appy

  10. #60
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    BTW I do not think Jones was a starter that season

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •